The Most Amazing Double Rainbow

The Most Amazing double Rainbow

I was in the pool yesterday and it was seriously overcast. It was even dropping a bit of rain here and there. Then I looked up towards the east and saw this most perfect rainbow. I could not get out of the pool fast enough as I was afraid I would miss this amazing opportunity. The sunset light only lasts a minute or two and that was what was producing the rainbow.

20 comments

1. Jim K says:

I love rainbows, maybe this is a sign your computer problems are almost behind you. Love the picture from yesterday, but I couldnt leave a comment.

2. GrannyJ says:

I’m equally fascinated by the different color of the sky above and below the rainbow. It’s as if the rainbow lights the sky beneath it.

3. EJ says:

Nice picture. Issac Newton mathematically proved that all rainbows are doubles, but most of the time the sky is to bright and “washes” out the higer less visible copy.

4. Gerald says:

wow

and always the photographer’s dilemma – sit and watch or rush for the camera and risk missing it altogether.

5. Milander says:

If you get really lucky you may get to see a crespiscular rainbow, this is when the rainbow appears as a full circle above the horizon. The beautiful arc in your photo only represents approx. 45% of arc.

I’ve only ever seen 2 full circle rainbows in my time and they are gorgeous. Check out flicker.com there are example photos there, just search rainbow and circle.

6. Amanda says:

This picture is gorgeous. I was on vacation there from Indiana and was on my way out of Albuquerque when I saw this. Unfortunately the double rainbow was hard to see but I did get a pretty good picture of it from where I was.

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!